Sunday, February 16, 2014

JAL Executive Class JFK-NRT trip report



I took JFK-NRT on JL 5 about 1 month ago and the flight used new Executive class seats, which is called Shell Flat NEO.

Check in process at JFK was quick, since there is no one at Executive class line. It took us 5 mins then we headed to JAL Lounge. The lounge is not big, and I was busy in the computer room, so I did not take any picture. My wife did bring me some nice snacks and small noodle dish. The lounge is for JAL flights use only in the morning, then after 1:45pm, Lufthansa airline passengers start to use it.

Boarding process is quick with separate Business Class line and cabin is only about 1/4 full. the new JAL business class seats design, monitor size and IFE system, all are similar to Air China new business class.








JAL does not serve Pre-departure drink, I feel so thirsty while flight was waiting on runway due to air traffic control. The IFE system has bird eye's view function, so you can see ground during takeoff /landing and view of city.






About 1 hour after departure, the lunch service started. I forget to grab a menu from the flight because I thought it will be available online. when I checked few days ago, online only has menu from Narita, not to Narita, here are some pictures.







The second meal on flight is also available any time after lunch service, choices include eel sushi, udon noodle, Soba, Pasta and more.Since I don't drink alcohol, I did not pay attention on Wine list. I think they had 3 red wines, 2 white wines and lots of other Japanese alcohol.

The movie selections were not so good, at least for me because I have watched more than half of them before.

The seat was not very comfortable, maybe because of that 10 degree angle to 180 or a day time flight, but the food was great and so delicious. I think it's still a great value for 180k miles for 2 people on their business class.

No comments:

Post a Comment